Here are some ideas for how to get more traffic to your blog:
1. Leave thoughtful comments on other people’s blogs.
2. Write shorter posts.
3. Blog consistently.
4. Write less.
5. Be a resource.
6. Use trackbacks.
7. Organise your posts with lists and subheads.
8. Get on Twitter. Tweet links to your posts and other useful content.
9. Link out to other sites (but only ones that will help people).
10. Share your content on Facebook (and ask your friends to share it, too).
11. Write stuff people will want to link to.
12. Ask questions.
13. Be funny.
14. Request a link from someone else to a blog post.
15. Do some public speaking.
16. Write attractive headlines.
17. Optimise your site for search engines.
18. Deliver killer content.
19. Guest post on someone else’s blog.
20. Tell stories.
Any serious blogger will eventually hit a plateau and need some help extending her platform beyond its initial reach.
This happens to all of us. And there’s nothing wrong with asking the question: “How can I get more traffic?” (Just make sure that your motive is to help and not merely to make you famous.)